What To Do Before, During and After Buying Your Home
- Determine a down payment amount based on your available funds.
- Define a monthly payment amount that fits into your budget.
- Start gathering important income and asset documents.
- Get pre-approved and receive your Pre-Approval Letter.
- Hire a local Real Estate Agent, they’re free and are great to work with!
- Go house shopping for your next home.
- Make your offer and consider asking for seller contributions to assist in paying for your closing fees.
- Consider a home inspection, they’re important.
- 3rd Party Items are requested, reviewed and approved.
- Your appraisal will be ordered to determine the value of the property.
- Provide updated documents until Final Approval is received.
- Schedule and do a final walk-through your new home.
- Sign final closing documents.
- Receive the keys to your new home.
- Celebrate with your loved ones, you just bought a house!
- Transfer and turn on your utilities.
- Change your address with the USPS.
- Move in and decorate.
- Have a bar-b-q and don’t forget to invite your neighbors!
- Calendar to file your Homestead Exemption (next) January 1.
- Make lifelong lasting memories.